There isn't a whole lot happening---we have sent our stuff to the Houston Consulate for authentication. Once we get this back (next week)the only thing we will still be waiting for is the I-171H from the USCIS. One girl did her fingerprints here in Dallas just 15 days before us and she got hers back yesterday. That is really fast! I hope and pray ours will be here that quickly....in 2 more weeks! The sooner we get logged in, the sooner we get to hold our baby (-ies!).
I don't know if I mentioned we were supposed to get a golden retriever. Our sweet Maggie left us after her brave battle with cancer on July 24, 2006. We still miss her each and every day but decided we were finally ready to get a new pup. We were number 3 on the list for a female and the litter only had 2 females.....we were disappointed but what can you do? We really only want a female. We are checking around and are on a list for a female that should be born the middle of February.
On New Year's Day we flew up to Mom and Dad's. Betsy was there with her family (minus Jamey who had to work). Sean played outside ALL day long with his cousin David. They had the best time! PawPaw made them sling shots and I worried for the chickens and dogs and horses but everyone survived without injury! Mom and Betsy bought the first outfit for our baby! A precious soft pale pink and green Chinese-style 3 piece set. So soft, so cute, and SOOO GIRLY! :) Betsy also bought me some PEAR BLOSSOM lotion! And a sweet book called "Why I Chose You" about adoption.
We are flying up to Mom and Dad's again today and Betsy will be there with her family and Amber and Alyssa will be there. Sean will be in HEAVEN! Bob and Dad will have a Monopoly Marathon. They have both finally met their match! I love these family times! Just hanging out, being together is so special to me. And to see all the children together---they all love each other so much and are just best friends! It is really special. It has been a year since our last family trip. I sure hope we can plan another one soon.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment