How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Three Days Until We Leave!

I can't believe it is time! In a week from tomorrow night US time we will be a family of four! I will be able to say "my children!" It is so weird that this process we started 2-1/2 years ago dragged on an on and on. It seemed like we would never get that call. Then once we did receive the call on January 9th, everything has been in over-drive! A good thing!
Mom, Sean and I leave on Tuesday morning and will arrive in Beijing some 26 hours later, Wednesday night China time. We will spend 3 days as tourists in Beijing....we will climb the Great Wall (how cool is that?!), visit the Forbidden City and Tiannamen Square. R. will leave the US on Saturday and will fly to Zhengzhou where we will have just arrived. Zhengzhou is the capital city of the Henan Province where Neely is from. Monday morning we will get our children! That is Sunday night your time.

Please pray for Neely as her little world gets turned inside out. We have been waiting and longing for her for so long but she has no concept of what is happening. We have been told that she knows we are coming and she received our package with pictures of us but......can you imagine how scary this will be for her? We look funny, smell funny, and talk funny. Our primary means of communication will be hugs and kisses! Hopefully she will let us love on her. Just pray for her fears to be calmed, for her heart to open to us and for her to be able to trust us. Pray for understanding. Pray for her to be able to grieve the life she is leaving and to embrace the life she is starting. Pray for us to have patience and for us to be able to meet her needs and understand her wants. Pray for her foster family who may be grieving her departure.
Pray for safe travels for all of us. Pray for Sean as he comes to grips with losing his only-child status and steps into his new role as big brother.

We are so blessed with such wonderful family and friends who have supported us throughout this emotional journey. Thank you for all of your love, joy, generosity, excitement! Thank you for already loving Neely! And thank you for the closet full of clothes! :-)

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Marcy, you can imagine I will be blog stalking you now!! :) I am so happy for you and will most definitely keep your family in my prayers during travel and Neely for her transition from the life she has known to the life she will be blessed with! Counting down the days with you!

Margaret M said...

Can't wait to follow your journey!!!! This is so exciting! I hope you have the time of your life and I will pray for a smooth transition for ALL!

Mary said...

Marcy-
I remember during our 1st Travel conference call with CCAI that Lilly Nie was on the phone with our NSN travel group. She asked us all, "So how long have you been thinking about this moment?"
The answers ranged from "a year" to "all my life".
Then she asked us, "And how long do you think your baby has been thinking about this moment?"
DEAD SILENCE.
She went on to explain how this would be a total SHOCK to our children.
It was simple, and yet profound. And I kept reminding myself of her words for the 1st 6 days with Livie when all she would do is SCREAM at us NO (in Chinese) while trying to claw through the hotel room door.
While I HOPE and PRAY your sweetie doesn't go through this, Lilly's words were so profound.
Even if she is having a difficult time, keep reminding yourself that once families get to Guangzhou things ALWAYS seem to improve (is is strange, but wonderful!)!
Keep packing, and lovin' up on your family as you await your little Princess! :o)

Laurie said...

You KNOW I'll be watching! Hugs to all of you!