How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's Been A While...

It's been a while since I posted....It has been a busy week! This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and that has kept me hopping! Sean has the BEST teacher ever and I really wanted her to know just HOW appreciated she is! We love you, Mrs. M! I always feel melancholy at the end of the year thinking about a new teacher next year...I remember feeling the same way last year after we had Tiffany, who was PERFECT for Sean!
Tomorrow morning is Muffins with Mom at school. That will be fun....I am looking forward to it!
I have been getting "squishes" (Good Wishes/quilt squares) in the mail every day...it is so much fun! I also got a sweet card from my Secret Pal. I love my LID group! I sent 27 out this week and I will get the rest out ASAP. I still need to get my letters out, too.
Yesterday I had a 3 hour lunch with my friend J. It was great! I cme across her blog one night and it said something about her being a flight attendant and living in Texas so I emailed her. Turns out she lives 10 miles from me, we are the same age, are both ith the waiting stage of our adoptions (they are 6 months ahead of us), and we are both F/A's. And believe it or not...I actually fly MORE than she does! Only because she is on a long term overage leave! Anyway, I am so glad I met her and I totally enjoy getting together with her. She joined the gym we belong to, so I told her I might actually dust off my membership card and meet her up there!
About Li'l Bit, the hamster....he/she is actually still hanging in there. Poor thing. He still loves running on his wheel, but R. took it out hoping the rest would help his foot heal.
And as far as the Hershey Kisses in the laundry...I have found my new favorite product...Oxy Clean....how have I ever done laundry without it?? I use it with my Tide in every load now!
Nate is doing well, thank goodness! The day he got his PICC line out he played his baseball game!
This weekend is a big one for me...MAY 13 is Mother's Day AND my birthday! I still get all excited about my b-day! Let's hope everyone else here at my house gets just as excited! (hint, hint, Honey!) Next Friday, the 18th, we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We might go to Atlanta for the weekend to take Sean to the Aquarium.
On the AI front, LaKisha is gone...I predict Blake will leave next week, then Melinda will win over Jordin. We'll see!
I guess that's about all....I will post pics of my squishes and some new pictures of Bonnie. She is sooooo cute and we LOVE her so much!

2 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

It was fate for us to meet. What a small world we live in.

Thanks for telling me yesterday that it was your birthday this weekend. Have to see what we can do about that. Wink, Wink.

I enjoyed lunch yesterday, and hope it is just the start of a long friendship. I got in the car and thought of a hundred things I meant to ask you. Oh well, next time.

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy mothers day and happy birthday. What a special time for you. Do you get two cakes too?? Yummy! It was great to read what you have been up to.