How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Friday, July 06, 2007

Another Lousy Referral Day

Referrals came out again today.....they matched a whopping 7 days. I guess that is progress over the 2 day month and 2 6 day months. At this rate it will be 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 years before we see our baby. Kinda hard not to get depressed. If I thought it was because there were no babies I could handle it---but there are somewhere between 600,000 and just over a million babies and children in orphanages in China.

Enough of that. I am happy for the families logged in between 7 November 2005 and 14 November 2005 that finally saw pictures today of their precious babies.

So, the other day Sean and I decided to take Bonnie for a walk. It has rained here pretty much EVERY day for the past 6 or 7 WEEKS. There was a brief break in the rain so we headed out---Sean on his scooter and me in my flip flops with Bonnie on her leash. We made it about 3/4 of a mile when I suddenly slipped......really bad! S*P*L*A*T!!!!!!! I came down so hard on the sidewalk! The puddles haven't been able to dry up and they are slippery and slimey. I scraped my knee, palms, knuckles and SPRAINED my left ankle (and totally bruised my ego!). Sean was oblivious and kept going! He finally came back and I was able to get up. I hobbled the rest of the way and we were almost home when BAM! down I went again! This time I landed in a big slimey puddle right on my bum! I limped home, bleeding, wet, and slimey. Quite the sight. Sorry, Bonnie,no more walks until the puddles are gone! I am able to walk on my ankle now but it is still quite swollen. And I have a good scab going on my right knee! I am too old to fall down!

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

Oh, that just stinks you fell sweetie. And do not worry about the referrals. Maybe they are just waiting for me to get to CCAI to do referrals.