How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Quick Trip to the Beach

Last Thursday I was finally able to convince R. that a quick trip to the beach was in order! We flew to Cancun Friday morning, arrived there without one of our bags (grrrr), a cut on Sean's foot that would NOT stop bleeding, and got to our hotel (where they did not have a room available for us). After several hundred dollars at the gift shop ($20 for a small thing of sunscreen!)we were at least able to hit the beach. Once you hit the beach all your troubles are washed away with the tide! (With the help of a pina colada!)
They finally got us in a room around 6pm and our bag arrived at about 8:30. We love this hotel and have stayed here before. We spent 2 glorious days relaxing, swimming, playing in the sand, riding the waves, collecting shells, and enjoying the beauty. Sometimes I would look up and see the sea, with the different shades of blues and turquoise, and it would literally take my breath away. Even though I have been there too many times to count---4 times in the last 12 months alone! We love going because it is (usually) such a quick, easy trip.
We left the hotel early Monday morning for a 7am flight. We got to the airport at 5:30 and waited in the slowest moving line on record for 1 hour and 45 minutes! We then found out that our 7 am was delayed until 12 NOON! We finally left there at about 1:30, I think. At least both of our bags made it!
Other than the travel hassles, it was a perfect quick getaway. Sean absolutely loves the beach! I didn't want the summer to go by without him being able to go!
We have one month left of summer vacation. I am not ready for it to be over yet! July went by so fast!

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

Wow, how cool it is a hop, skip and a jump away for you all to be on a beach. I am so jealous! It is great you took some time to view the beauty of it all and have a PC!