How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Catching Up

Wow! I can't believe this month is almost over! This past Sunday marked our 6 month log in anniversary. As usual, there isn't a whole lot happening in the adoption. Referrals should be coming out again next week. I am hoping we will see some improvements but I sure won't hold my breath! The CCAA has made some serious progress in getting dossiers through the Review Room. It seems like they are getting through a month every three weeks or so and they are now workng on September 2006. Basically, the Review Room is when the CCAA goes through your dossier with a fine toothed comb. This is when they might question you about medical issues, financial issues, etc. I'm sure we will heave a sigh of relief once we are out of review! They should get to our dossier within the next 6 months if they keep at the current pace. Now if they can only make progress with matches and referrals!
It was just about a year ago that we started talking about adopting. At the time, families were waiting about 12-14 months from LID to referral. The families who received referrals in the last batch waited 21-22 months.
Life at home is busy as usual. Sean is doing well dealing with the rigors of second grade. He has about an hour of homework every afternoon and he is so good about coming home, sitting right sown, and getting it done. That's tough after a 7 hour school day, but we have found it is much better than trying to break him away from his play time to come do it. He has TaeKwonDo 3 nights a week and Cub Scouts 3 times a month so we stay busy.
Bonnie, our sweet puppy, is doing well and I promise to post pictures soon. She looks so much like Maggie girl! We all accidentally call her Mag every once in a while. She is sweet and smart but still very wild! She absolutely loves Sean and tries to be with him constantly. If he ignores her, she pokes him with her nose or bites at his feet to get him to pay attention to her.
Sean and I both went for dental check ups this week. Sean is still cavity free! Yay! He does need to go see an ortho for a consultation to see if he will need expanders before all his permanent teeth come in. Ouch. I have to have a root canal on Monday. My hands start sweating just typing that. Oye! I am NOT the bravest dental patient! In fact, I venture to say that I am one of the world's wimpiest! The root canal is on one of my front teeth...I had an accident when I was about 10 years old. I was in Mexico on an exchange program between my elementary school and a school in Mexico City. One weekend a bunch of the host families took us to a resort in Valle De Bravo. I was laying by the pool (getting a terrible sunburn!) watching a bunch of teenagers play footbal. One kid tripped and fell and his knee landed with great force in my mouth. My bottom teeth went completely through my bottom lip and my top teeth were knocked out. Well, it just so happened that there was a dental convention there that same weekend! A dentist grabbed my top teeth and jammed them back in my mouth. He made a thing for me to keep in my mouth to bite down on and eventually my teeth tightened back up, although I had to be careful with apples or corn on the cob for years. 28 years later, one tooth is finally turning gray and the root is dead. Thus the root canal. This is cool, though---our dentist (we all love him!) said he will put a little bleach pellet inside my tooth and it will bleach the tooth from the inside out and will match my other ones. He will plug up the whole with a filling when he takes out the pellet. Isn't that amazing? And the other good thing? My dentist gave me a prescription for something to relax me so I won't be too freaked. I told him that childbirth was easier for me than getting a filling! I openly admit I am a dental wimp!
I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday! I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday! Sean and I are reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea together and he already asked if we can lay in bed and read LOTS on Saturday. Yes!
Anyway, enough babbling....I hope you all have a marvelous weekend!

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

It sounds like you are all doing well. Except for the upcoming dental work. I will be crossing my fingers for you that things go well. And yippee the review room is going fast for the CCAA. You will be there is no time.