One year ago today a very dear friend passed away. Diann was an incredible person and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. She touched the life of anyone who was blessed to meet her. Diann lived next door to us for 5 years before she and her wonderful husband Bob deserted us and moved to Maine to be closer to their daughter, Karen. When we first met Diann in late 1999, she was already fighting the horrendous battle with Ovarian cancer. She fought valiantly for over 6 years and was an inspiration to all. Diann made me feel like apart of her family and always included me in activities when her family visited. I was blessed to get to know her lovely sisters and her amazing daughter. Diann was another grandmother (Mimi) to Sean. She was known as Miss Diann. She spoiled Sean rotten and always had treats for him. I look at Sean's toys and can honestly say that most came from Miss Diann! The other night at dinner Sean said, out of the blue, "I miss Miss Diann." Curious as to what triggered this thought I asked. We were eating a Caesar salad at the time and Sean replied, "Miss Diann always let me eat her croutons when we went to her house." Actually, we would go to their house and Sean would make a bee-line to their pantry! Mr. Bob is an incredible chef and he spoiled me with some awesome dishes quite regularly! I especially enjoyed the period he was on a dessert kick! When R. was over seas for an 8 month stretch, I could (and did) call that at any hour of the night if I got frightened.
I just know that Diann is in heaven rocking our sweet baby every day! I bet our baby's first words will be "Alrighty then" or "Not to worry, Dear!" How I wish I could hear Diann say those things to me again! I will always miss you, Diann!
Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
what a nice tribute to what sounds like a wonderful friend!!!
It is always so nice to have people like that in your life making it all better:)...just like you!!
Post a Comment