How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Monday, January 19, 2009

For This Child We Have Prayed and The Lord Has Granted Us What We Asked of Him!

1 Samuel 1:27
For two and a half years I have longed to type those words! We are so blessed to accept the referral for a beautiful 3 (almost 4) year old girl living in Anyang, Henan Province, China. We are hoping and praying to have An Wen Ya with us by her 4th birthday, April 16.

I know PICTURES are why you are here so I will post about the specifics later. For now, ENJOY:







Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!!!!

OK...now that you have seen some pictures I can tell you how THE CALL happened! On Friday, January 9th I was feeling really discouraged and honestly thought this adoption would never happen. Anyone who has gone through an adoption knows exactly what I was feeling. I actually emailed the owner of our agency and made a couple of suggestions of things I thought might help waiting families. After school I went in to talk to Sean's teacher and ended up just hanging out with her and another friend. At about 3:30 my phone rang with a 303 area code but a different prefix than the CCAI prefix. I thought it might be the owner wanting to respond to my email and I knew I couldn't take that kind of call when I was hanging out with a couple of friends so I let it go to vm. Of course I was curious so I checked my vm a couple of minutes later and it wasn't Joshua.....it was Pam! From the Waiting Child department! Wanting me to call her back! So I called her back....and she told me about Wen Ya.
I have heard so many stories about those of you who don't open the email until your husband gets home....waiting so you can see the file together....well, I didn't do that! At all! Rebecca (Sean's teacher) and Ann and I got on Rebecca's computer and pulled up my email right away! And we called in Joann, Sean's other teacher, to see too! And then on the way home my sister called....so I told her! Then I finally called R. but he was in a meeting. So I called my Mom! I think I was finally able to talk to R. at about 6pm that night!
So much of this process has been faith-based for me. (Actually, it has been a big TEST of faith at times!) I have prayed that when we saw her file we would KNOW she was right for us. I had that feeling. A feeling I did not have with the other two children we sadly had to turn down. God is Good!

18 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats, Marcy...you KNOW how happy I am for all of you! :-)

She is just beautiful...and I love the double fisted lollipop one!

Julie and Steve said...

Oh Marcy...the news I've been waiting for! She is JUST BEAUTIFUL. I am so happy for you. Love the orange hat! I bet you can't wait to get your hands on her and just squeeze her!

Nicole said...

Oh Marcy... this is such wonderful news! She is absolutely beautiful! How very blessed you all are... can't wait to see her in your loving arms!!!!

HUGS!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!

kitchu said...

Congrats again Marcy... and glad to know you have this blog!! Will be adding this to my bloglines! It was great talking with you last week :O)

Anonymous said...

whoo hooooo!!!! I love her!! Here's to a super quick journey to get her home!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo happy for you and she is adorable!!!! Margaret

Donna said...

Marcy,she's beautiful!! Congrats, I am so very happy for you!!!!!

Kristen said...

Cangratulations Marcy, she is adorable! I am so happy for you all; I am sure you are over the moon with excitement! Looking forward to following your journey!

athans' family said...

Marcy,
I am soooo excited and happy for you! She is so cute! I cannot wait to meet her! All of your prayers have been answered! YAY! You are all still in my thoughts and prayers as you wait! Love, Nicole

Becky said...

Marcy -- She is absolutely gorgeous. I'm thrilled for you friend! Can't wait to hear more about your precious daughter.

Ash said...

Marcy, My Friend! She is gorgeous! Blessings to you and your family. I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!
:o)ash

Margaret M said...

Marcy,

She is Beautiful! I can't wait to follow your journey to bring her HOME! So happy for you and your family.

Lynn said...

She is such a cutie! I noticed you visited my site and now I see you have been referred! How wonderful for you! Congratulations!

Lynn

Jen said...

Wow, Marcy! Congrats! Sorry I have been out of touch... I can't wait to hear more of your story and read all about your trip!

Jen

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

lot's of love, hugs, and happiness flows from my house to yours. WE will be bringing home our girls around the same time......and as we have done for the last 2 1/2 years we will also get to go through the transition together of having our girls at home with us.

I am overjoyed for you, and can't wait for you to decide for certain a name so I can embroider something for her!!

Can't wait to follow your journey to get your girl.

love ya

Anonymous said...

Marsk--I had NO IDEA!!! THANK YOU for inviting me to share this with you. How FABULOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you that your dream is finally coming true. Can't wait to follow your journey to China :-)