How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Sunday, March 29, 2009

We Are in Zhengzhou!!!

We flew from Beijing to Zhengzhou today and arrived here at about 1:30pm. Zhengzhou is the provincial capital of the Henan province. Neely is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive north of ZZ in a city called Anyang.
It is 9:30pm now and in 12 HOURS we will meet Neely for the first time. I still can't believe it! Please, please pray for her tomorrow. I am sure she will be so frightened and confused.

Also, please pray for R.'s safe travels. He has had a bit of a nightmare....I guess there have been some wicked storms which led to lots of cancellations. He had to push his travels back a day because of the canceled flights. He is confirmed in first class all the way through to Shanghai using FF miles and is in Chicago right now. His luggage is supposed to be in Shanghai already from a flight yesterday. And his flight from Shanghai to Zhengzhou should have been changed to a day later...Please pray for safe and smooth travels for him. That has been a bit stressful....and he won't be here when we first get Neely which is really sad. At least he is staying here all week instead of the original plan of just a couple of days. He wanted to be able to spend more time with Neely before leaving and we wanted Sean to spend more time with her too. they will leave Saturday morning when we head to Guangzhou.

I will try my very, very best to post pictures tomorrow! I'm not sure how we will get pictures of the actual Gotcha yet. Maybe I can give Mom a quick photog lesson!

Thank you all so much for your emails and comments! I am sorry I haven't been able to respond to them but please know how appreciated they are!

Oh, and BTW, this hotel in ZZ, the Crowne Plaza, is much nicer than the one in Beijing. The rooms is much bigger and the beds are soft....and best of all, no more sand bags for pillows! :-) We will miss our guide Maggi, though! She was so very special and we all fell in love with her in Beijing!

TWELVE HOURS!!!!!

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Counting down the hours till you have precious Neely in your arms!

kitchu said...

SO EXCITED for you guys Marcy!! And will be praying for your husband, that he arrives safely and soon :O)

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Darn those flights, and bad weather!! Hope he gets there safe and sound. Glad to hear he is staying longer, I think that will make everyone feel better:)

I am praying hard and sending you every good thought I have in my body that everything goes very smoothly.

know you will be checked on before I go to bed, and first thing when I wake up in the morning!! Please teach Grandma how to use the camera, you need that memory captured on film. Have her practice tonight before bed.

You are in the home stretch my dear friend. All that waiting will just melt away in 12 short hours(actually the longest 12 hours of your life)

hugs, and love
jules

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Marcy . Don't worry to much take a deep breath and try to relax a little before tomorrow . I will say a extra prayer for your family tonight .Sending lots of good thoughts and ((hugs)) your way .

Marion

Anonymous said...

Many, many thanks, Marcy, for taking precious minutes to share your experiences with us. Hugs to Grandma! What a thrill for her to be with you on this life-changing adventure! All of us here are praying, praying for all of you there - and R. en route.

Arline

Enchanted Rose said...

We are soooo very excited for you! We have you guys in our prayers!

Nancy H

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

I know you have her in your arms, and I hope all is going well. I will look forward to getting up in the morning and hoping that there is a sweet sight to see!!

sending you many good thoughts

jules

joanna and scott said...

So excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see pictures from your first moments with Neely Kate!!! I hope hubby gets there soon, safe and sound!!! Big hugs to you!!! Joanna

Carrie said...

Marcy,
we have been prayimg for you guys over here!
Hugs
Carrie