Praise God for all kinds of answered prayers! Our travels---all 27 hours---went off smoothly and safely! We were able to fly first class from Chicago to Shanghai! That was Suh-WEET!! Sean was perfect on the flight! He loved that his seat turned into a completely flat bed and he had his own on-demand TV and movies.
We hooked up with Leah and Jeff in Shanghai and flew with them on the same flight to Beijing. We were a bit late arriving in Beijing and when we came out there was no rep there for us. R. called CCAI for us and then he called our rep who was still at home! She ended up getting there at about 10pm and we made it to our hotel.
We passed Tiannemen Square and the huge portrait of Mao on our way here....so amazing to see it in real life!
We tried ordering fried rice from room service but we ended up getting french fries instead! At least Sean is happy! :-)
Tomorrow we are planning on going to the Summer Palace. I will be sure to post and add pictures then....For now, it's time to sleep!
Thanks for your continued prayers!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
YAY! So glad to hear you made it safely...and wow - those 1st class seats sound like THE way to travel on a flight like that!!! Can't wait to hear more and follow the rest of your journey. :)
YAY!!!!! Haven been thinking about you for the last 24 hours and praying everything was going smoothly!!! Thrilled that you got F/C, hope that is where I am sitting when we go!
Can't wait to see everything through your eyes, we talked about you and your trip all through our hair appt and lunch yesterday!!
Storming here today, so I am glad you left yesterday!
hugs
jules
So glad you made it safe and sound!! And 1st class on a LONG leg of your journey, how great!! Can't wait for you next post and looking forward to seeing Neely Kate in your arms!! Hugs to you!! Joanna
Enjoy your trip and relax while you can!!! The best is yet to come:)
Heather (FL) CCAIWCP fellow mommy
I'm so glad to hear that your long journey was safe and comfortable...
I know that you all are tired and excited! I can't wait to meet my new little niece when you bring her home....what a blessing. Thank you for being such a light to everyone who knows you during these
difficult times. It is so nice to focus on something positive and joyful! You are all in my prayers...I love you! Polly
I am praying for you guys! what a nice idea first class-only in my dreams!
Post a Comment