I forgot to mention that on our flight from DFW to Chicago we were in coach and the sweet flight attendant brought Sean a first class breakfast tray!
Also, when we arrived in Shanghai we were met on the jetbridge by an AA employee who escorted us through a VIP lane in Customs and then to Baggage Claim. Very nice!
After our escort left we ran into a Chinese man we had met before our DFW-ORD flight and he escorted us to the shuttle bus that would take us to the other terminal. He even loaded our bags onto the bus for us! He was such a nice man!
We had to switch rooms because our other room had no a/c and it must have been 80* in there! They came to fix it and their idea of fixing it was to turn it off an open the windows....on the 7th floor with nothing to prevent a person, namely Sean, from falling out! After much discussion they agreed to switch us to a nice cool room!
We are getting ready to take a cab over to the Summer Palace. It is a pretty clear day here, cool, but comfortable.
I will post pictures of today's adventures later.....
Thanks for all the comments!


5 comments:
I am so glad that your trip went so smoothly! YOU ARE IN CHINA!!!!! It's all so surreal when those years of planning turn into reality, isn't it? That smile on your face in the Shanghai airport just says it all!!
Marcy, I'm happy your trip went so well and that you were able to change rooms :) That must have been amazing, traveling in first class..woo hoo! Hope you have those arrangements on the way home, too. Enjoy your "get over jetlag" time in Beijing!!
Girl!!! You sure know how to travel!!!!!! If I ever get to go back to China, I'm taking you with me!! :o)
Jetlag sucks-but you'll be so busy you may not notice it so much!
I've just decided...THAT is what I'm going to do during the rest of this heinous wait - save $$$ to go 1st CLASS!!! Whoo hoo that looks awesome...
Post a Comment