Today was a holiday in China--Tomb Sweeping Day--so we didn't have any adoption appointments. We went to visit the Six Banyan Temple and to the Old Chen House. Neely was really, really good on the tour but it went longer than it was supposed to and my poor baby was HUNGRY by the time we got back. She very much needs to eat her 3 meals as well as snacks throughout the day. You don't want to see her when she hasn't had her noodles!
This afternoon we walked around GZ and just let Neely play outside. I know she is so sick of being cooped up in a hotel! When we come back she starts fussing saying the word for "outside" or "play." She now tells me "poddee" when she needs to go. If I ask her for a kiss--in English--she gives me one. Or even if I tell her to give LaLa a kiss she does! She has also decided she much prefers WESTERN toilets and now refuses to use a squatty! The first day we got her (less than a week ago!) she was terrified of the real toilet! She has come so far in such a short amount of time--I am amazed!
She loves shoes and she got two new pairs today. They do not make sqeaky shoes big enough for her but she got some really cute ones! The only hard part about getting her to bed is getting her to take off her shoes--she puts them right back on after her bath! She goes right down at about 7pm and hasn't been taking naps. She wakes up smiling at about 6-6:30am. She sleeps with the blankey her Aunt Betsy made her and we snuggle all night.
She sings all the time! Tonight I was singing her some American songs and she LOVED it! She is so coordinated and is always hopping, jumping, and skipping! And I think Sean's wish for a Tomboy sister might just be coming true: She always bites her crackers into a gun shape and holds it up and says "boom-boom" and today at several stores she went straight for the toy guns and cars! Guard your toys, Sean!
As ready as I am to be home with my boys, I am really enjoying GZ. We are waiting for our Papa Johns delivery right now! Yum!
Here are some Neely pics from today--I will post the touristy ones later!
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
she is absolutely adorable!!! She really looks like she is coming into her own, and has quite a personality.....crackers into guns?? now we know why she is putting the bows in the drawer!!!
You will be home before you know it girl, and we can't wait to see you two walk off the plane.
I think you mentioned squeekies....does Miss Hayden have some new shoes?? Can't wait to see them.
I should have left a message for you on here and not on my blog for you.
I was desparate to get Taylor home from COS, DAL was oversold for the next few days with very limited flights out of there now. Tickets were out of this world. We didn't end up needing one for China, but I used one to get her home today. I hope you were okay with that. WE can actually get her a ticket back so we don't use up your passes!!!
Marcy! Neely is beautiful, congratulations!! I am so happy her transition is going well. Guangzhou is great and it goes by so quickly so enjoy!
Post a Comment