How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Last Stop: Guangzhou!

Yeah! We made it to Guangzhou today! Neely seemed a bit agitated on the bus on the way to the airport and I had to have the guide explain to her what was happening. I think she saw all the bags packed and was confused about what was going on. She fell asleep during take off and slept for most of the flight. When she woke up she was acting like she had a tummy ache and kept having me rub her belly. She was crying and was very upset. Once we got off the plane she was fine. We got to the White Swan and took her right away for some noodles. She was HUNGRY! This little girl can pound down the noodles! She eats them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

After she ate we took her for her Visa photo. Then our guide here gave us a walking tour and showed us around. We ended up at the Cow and Bridge Thai resaurant---YUM! Be forewarned: 2 chili peppers on the menu does indeed mean HOT!

We stopped at Starbucks on the way back here.....ahhhhh!

We are staying on Shamian Island in Guangzhou and it is so pretty here. It reminds me of South Carolina. It is nice and warm here but cloudy and it even sprinkled when we were walking home from Starbuck's. Our guide said that Guangzhou is on the same latitude as Florida.

Tomorrow is a trip to the Old Chen House and the Buddhist Temple. Many people have their children blessed there, but we will pass on that....

Our room looks out over the Pearl River and the lights are so pretty.

On another note, I would like to send a shout out to my girlfriend J. who just found out she will be leaving for Taiwan in 9 days or so to pick up her sweet, beautiful baby girl. I am soooooo happy for you J.! So glad I have had you to go through this with! oxox

4 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

dude, you at at the Cow and Bridge?? I feel like I have eaten there with all the times I have heard about it.

Glad the flight went well, that is a good intro to going home hopefully.

Enjoy these last few days, we can't wait to see you when you get home.

hugs for you and hugs for Neely Kate. I will have the Rosetta Stone for you at the Airport!!

stacie said...

In all your spare time Marcy don't forget to update the photo on the blog of just the three of you to the 4 of you..a story/family complete indeed.

Rhonda said...

Marcy - I just figured out how to leave a comment...yeah! Neely is a cutie and we cannot wait to meet her in person. I love all the stories and pictures so much. Hugs and Kisses to Bubby and sweet Neely. Ella is looking forward to playing with her.

Love you - Rhonda

Becky said...

Wonderful, wonderful!!!! The Cow & Bridge is my favorite Thai food. I miss that place! I ate 5 lunches in a row there. :) She is lovely Marcy. Truly beautiful. I'm so thankful her transition is going well and that you're enjoying it all. Soak it in. I miss China every day and can't wait to go back. Love to you both! Becky