How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Friday, April 03, 2009

A Cultural Thing????

So, it is like Cheech and Chong around here with all the smoke and we do all we can to get away from it. We are on a "Non-Smoking" floor at the hotel but apparently that must mean you don't HAVE to smoke to be on this floor. The hallway is so thick with smoke we almost think we need to GET LOW!! It seeps right under the door and comes through the air vents.

Let me tell you about the Non-Smoking table at the restaurants: The waitstaff will remove the ashtrays from your table and VOILA! Non smoking! Never mind all the smoking tables surrounding your table!

And the pool rules. This hotel has an indoor pool. I took Sean swimming there a few times and one of the rules they strictly enforce is mandatory swim caps. (Which Sean HATED!) You must wear a swim cap, but if you need to blow boogers out your nose into the pool or spit a nasty wad at the end of each lap, no worries, just go ahead. I guess you need to wear the caps to avoid getting boogers and spit in your hair???

5 comments:

China Mom said...

OMG! You are to funny.
We are so enjoying your posts, thanks for sharing!
I am heading to your exact location in 19 days. Now I know I don't need to bother packing my swimsuit!
Julie W.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

that makes me want to puke!!!

just so you know.......we are going to get our baby!!! I think we will leave around the 13th or 14th!!!
so excited!!!

Jaime said...

We had that problem with the non-smoking tables at the White Swan. While sitting eating a peaceful morning buffet, they sat three heavy smokers right next to us. We got up and moved acrossed the room. The smoking was one thing that really bothered us as well. I hope everything else has been nice for you. Neely is just beautiful!

Jen & Rob said...

Oh gross. I'm glad I didn't have my lunch yet. Ugghghgh!
You're so silly. Am glad things are moving along - you'll be home in no time!
Jenny G.

Nicole said...

Ha!!!! We got a kick out of seeing grandmas and beautiful women spitting while they were walking down the street... and the "spit ash trays" at places too... yuck!!!