How Long Since We Sent LOI?

How Long Have We Been LID?

Friday, April 03, 2009

Last Day in Zhengzhou!

Today is the last day in ZZ! Our guide is picking up Neely's Chinese passport as I type. This will conclude all the China required part of her adoption. The next stop is Guangzhou where the US Consulate is located and where we will finish all the US paperwork. We will get Neely a US Visa to travel home and once her toes touch US soil she will become a US citizen.

She is becoming so much calmer and we are seeing fewer and fewer tantrums. She has long periods where she will just sit quietly and play. Today some of the people from the group went to the zoo but we opted out because of the weather (cold and dreary) and because Mom has a terrible cough and I have had a sore throat. Mom must have been feeling bad because she actually started her antibiotic---she NEVER gives in to medicine! The air quality here is horrendous between the smoking and the pollution! The air quality in Beijing was so much better than here. We haven't seen blue sky since we arrived in ZZ.

Neely doesn't like CHOCOLATE! How can THAT be?????
And she does NOT like hairbows. We will have to work on that!

I took Neely to the playroom here at the Crown Plaza. They just made it a few weeks ago and she has a ball there. I was finally able to catch some of her personality on film! Enjoy!

8 comments:

stacie said...

doesn't like chocolate,,indeed :how can that be:
Again, pure joy watching these slide shows.
I hope you and your mum feel better soon. My love to all.

Anonymous said...

Wow....a play room in the crown plaza..now what a great idea!!! :) Time stands still in that place some days!!! Marcy, she is just beautiful! I mean...like a shining star! I am in love! Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey! I have watched you every day!! Congratulations and have a wonderful rest of the trip! Eat a burger in the next city! It's safe...and yummy!!! :) ha ha ha

Eleanor said...

Marcy,
I just caught up on the back posts I missed. Neely is beautiful!!! I am so enjoying living through you all right now. It seems Neely is perfect for your family. What a head of hair. Hope you can help her over the bow thing.

We had the same experience with air quality in Changsha when we adopted Elizabeth 4 years ago. It was so bad that my husband got an awful cold and slept for 3 or 4 days when we got to Guangzhou.

Enjoy Guangzhou and the warmer weather.

Eleanor

Nicole said...

Enjoy Guangzhou... it felt like going to the beach for us... very tourist friendly. Lots of great places to shop and eat. It was in Guangzhou that Katelyn's personality started shining through... I'm sure Neely will continue to blossom. Soon, you'll be home!!!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....what great pictures!! I can see some great play dates in our future!!!

joanna and scott said...

She's adorable and looks so happy!!! Is really enjoying the playroom!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories of your trip!!Can't wait until Neely is a US citizen.

Anonymous said...

Our daughter doesn't like hairbows either she leaves them in for about 2 minutes that's it....lol. Marcy things will get better in Guangzhou you will enjoy your stay down there . The weather is nice , great shopping and everyone speaks english and is super NICE .Hope your mom feels better soon .

Marion

Julie and Steve said...

Oh - she is SO cute in these pix! So smiley and happy. I am SO, SO happy for you Marcy...even if your child is weird and doesn't like chocolate (LOL!) :)