Busy, busy, busy! We haven't really been doing anything other than just being a family. Neely really fits right in and is starting to really attach with all of us. She still will cry if MaMa tries to leave her for even a minute. When I am there she is happy to sit with anyone. She and BaBa had some real quality playtime this afternoon and everyone was giggles and smiles.
I was worried about Sean today because he looked really, really pale. He kept telling me he felt okay and he seems to have perked up. He and R. have decided to head home tomorrow. They were planning on staying until Saturday, but there really isn't much to do here and I think Sean is ready to be home. We gave him the choice of Thursday or Saturday and he chose to spend a few Daddy and Sean days with Dad by leaving Thursday. Please pray for safe travels for them.
We are amazed at how smart Neely is! I asked our guide why she would have been diagnosed as being delayed and our guide said that when Neely was found (at 9 months old) she was probably behind. They never changed her diagnosis through the years. Part of the reason is that as a "Special Needs" child she would have a better chance of being adopted at age (almost) 4. Mom said Neely's only special need was needing a family!
Our guide also talked to us about her behavior. It is obvious she has never been told "no" and throws a rip-roaring fit to try to get her way. (It doesn't work!) She is already doing so much better about the hitting and flicking and scratching. She will lift her hand up ready to hit and will stop herself just in time.
She tells up "I Yuv Eww" and "Ge-Ge silly" and "no, no, no" all the time! She is learning her new name and will point to herself and say "Nee-yee." She calls Bubby La-La (Lao-Lao).
When we read books, she can make the animal sounds and is learning more each day. She has a great memory.
She is just a joy! Except when she is having a temper tantrum, she is full of smiles and laughs. We are truly blessed and so happy to have our family complete after all these years!
I promise, promise, promise to post pictures tomorrow. PROMISE! :-)
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Maybe Neely is searching for her inner Kenzie....Kenz had a violent temper when we first met. She would scratch, bite, hit, pull her own hair and act like a total wild woman. It took a few months (the longest months of my life), but she finally realized that the tantrums were not working out quite the way she wanted them to so she gave them up. Neely will too!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to update everyday...I love starting my day by seeing your beautiful family being made even more beautiful!!
Oh ... thanks so much for sharing your journey Marcy! I got a little choked up reading your line about your mom saying her only special need was needing a family. That is so very true for all these precious children. Look forward to tomorrow's post!
Jenny G.
Sounds like things are going as well as can be expected - YAY! Of course it is an adjustment for her (and for you guys) - but overall it sounds like she is learning very quickly and finding her place in the family...that is so GREAT!
P.S. - You'd BETTER post some more photos soon or there will be a blog uprising! :)
yay!!! you have been such a good blogger I will owe you a breakfast when you get home!!
Can't wait for pictures!! Sounds like thngs are going great, and you will be headed to shopping heaven on Sat!!! Squeekers for everyone!!
won't be long now and you will be home, and still no news here
So happy for everyone!!! I love that Neely's special need is needing a family, makes me a little teary!! I love that she knows her name!! I'm looking forward to the pictures... bring 'em on!!!
Soo soo happy for you!!!! Enjoy these special days! Can't wait for more pictures!
mj, can't wait to see more photos. hopefully we'll be able to skype soon also.
she is adorable, we all look forward to meeting her soon!
a
Post a Comment